Windows Autopilot introduces a faster way to deploy Windows and computer applications and reduces the total cost and TCO of rollout.
EasyInstall together with Windows Autopilot is a powerful and flexible standard solution.
Turn on and connect the computer to the network, login and follow the on-screen instructions. Subsequently, customizations, applications and hotfixes are installed fully automatically. The result is a ready-to-use IT workspace.
Benefits of using Windows Autopilot
Windows Autopilot has several benefits and allows you to:
• Automatically connect computer to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) or Active Directory (via Hybrid Azure AD Join).
• Automatic registration of devices for EasyInstall.
• Create and assign computer automatically to configuration groups based on a computer profile.
• Customize OOBE content specifically for the organization.
• Allows you to perform Windows Autopilot Reset. The reset feature is useful in break / fix scenarios to quickly bring a device back to a business-ready state.
Simple process for end users
Let’s be honest – user automated cloud automation is only valuable if it’s simple. And Windows Autopilot is the definition of simple. Users will take a total of two steps – connect to the network and log in. That is it!
Easy integration with the entire device’s supply chain
EasyInstall is certainly valuable throughout your supply chain. And Windows Autopilot can do much more than OS deployment – it can also reset, reuse, and restore.
Easily reset devices back to a ready state
IT can quickly return devices to previous modes via Windows Autopilot / EasyInstall integrations.
Remember that Windows Autopilot automatically connects devices to Azure AD and detects them in EasyInstall. This is a huge time saver.
Windows Autopilot License Requirements
Windows Autopilot depends on specific features available in Windows 10 / Windows 11 and Azure Active Directory.
It also requires an MDM service, e.g. EasyInstall.
Windows Autopilot requires one of the following Microsoft subscriptions.
• Microsoft 365 Business Premium subscription.
• Microsoft 365 F1 or F3 subscription.
• Microsoft 365 Academic A1, A3 or A5 subscription.
• Microsoft 365 Enterprise E3 or E5 subscription, which includes all Windows 10, Windows 11, Microsoft 365 and EM + S features.
• Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 or E5 subscription, which includes all the necessary Azure AD features.
• Azure Active Directory Premium P1 or P2 subscription.
Windows Autopilot requirements
The following Windows 10 version 1703 (or later) and Windows 11 editions are supported for Windows Autopilot.
• Windows 11 Professional
• Windows 11 Professional Education
• Windows 11 Enterprise
• Windows 11 Education
• Windows 10 Professional
• Windows 10 Professional Education
• Windows 10 Enterprise
• Windows 10 Education
• Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC